Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't play any online games

Hello and Ahhh

We swapped over to virgin media in December from sky and for the first 2 weeks it was awsome and sinse then its been absolutely terrible. I rung up for some help around the start of m

Screenshot_20200410_195223_com.internet.speedtest.check.wifi.meter.jpg

Screenshot_20200410_200027_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

arch and was told there was a problem in my area and would be done by April the 1st but its still the same I tried ringing with no joy. I was also told to have my ps4 on a wired connection to play online games haha it already was and I was getting 24mbps download and 0.658kbps upload..... Basically can any body help me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't play any online games

Hi

Can you try,a few things for me.

Firstly can you download the ookla speedtest app and run a speed test on that. This is the one we use out in the field.

secondly. Microsoft xbox restrict the download speed when you are downloading games.

The highest I have seen is about 38mbs it is not your broadband connection speed being slow. 

If you can try the speedtest app and get back to me

Thanks

Chris

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How many more times, am i going to type this. NEVER NEVER NEVER go by the speed test on a PS4, its NEVER give a accurate number.

PSN has been this way for years.

If your playing EA games, i bet there servers are overloaded.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 500Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply I played last night and the lagging and speeds were good but it takes untill about 11pm to sort it's self out then rubbish about 8am again Im guessing it's cos everybody is online in the day 

Screenshot_20200411_115755_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200411_115907_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20200408_143340_com.virginmedia.myvm.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeh I heard the ps4 are not reliable on speeds but I can notice the difference when it's showing low speeds and ok speeds any help would be appreciated im not asking for the highest speeds just enough so I'm not Lagging about its the same if I'm watching netflix the picture is all boxy or just errors up thanks for your reply 

0 Kudos