Menu
kensaundm31
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect Teredo

I am on PC hardwired ethernet to Superhub 3 - but suddenly I cannot connect to Teredo for MIcrosoft PC game Forza 7.

kensaundm31
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect Teredo

1 - I have tried turning firewall off
2 - I have tried MODEM MODE
3 - I have forwarded all possible relevant ports (see pic)

pf.jpg
4 - I have followed all the steps in Microsoft advice for Teredo Issues:
https://support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/troubleshoot-party-chat

I have been playing Forza 7 on PC for 3 years with no issue and I have not recently changed anything.But I keep getting kicked from multiplayer within a few seconds or minutes.

My internet connection is solid, the problem relates to the Teredo service. On the Teredo status pic you can see that XBOX SERVICES is "up and running" but the latency is 152ms where it should be less than 25.

teredo.png

mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've never used port forwarding for Xbox Live where you specify the ports in both the external and internal port fields.

What happens if you remove all the internal ports, so you're just left with external ports for the device IP and then run an Xbox Live network test?

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node
0 Kudos
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Also, the ports you've set don't look quite right for Xbox Live. These are from an Xbox support page:

• 88 UDP
  • 3074 UDP & TCP
  • 53 UDP & TCP
  • 80 TCP
  • 500 UDP
  • 3544 UDP
  • 4500 UDP

https://support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

kensaundm31
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a Hub3 because you have to put a number in both internal/external.
0 Kudos
kensaundm31
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

port 53 is reserved, wont allow me to add a rule.
mjpartyboy
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thankfully, I don't have a SH3. I use a SH2 in modem mode with an Asus router.

What happens if you disable port forwarding and use UPnP instead? That may get around the SH3's issue with port 53.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You cannot forward port 53 due  to the fact that is the port that DNS uses if you could forward port 53 you internet would not work inside of your network, and it is an outgoing port only, so there is no need to forward that one.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

kensaundm31
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I was already using upnp.

I've resolved the problemt by editing some settings in the network settings section in the group policy editor in windows that relate to teredo as outlined in this video if anyone else had this problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrTOCuKDhFI&feature=youtu.be&list=LLz935-yCIyCWI3gIyOagAYg&t=152
chrism6
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Why do people keep suggesting workarounds and calling it a solution? Unless the people with this issue "myself included" had sleep walked into router settings, closed ports or changed NAT type then these are not the problem, it worked before with the settings as is so the problem cannot be the settings.

Yes the workarounds may work for some people some of the time but they cannot be solving the root cause of the issue.

Lets be clear please, the actual problem is undiagnosed and no fix it has been suggested.