Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can’t connect PS4 Hub 3.0

Hi,

i have been trying to connect my PS4 to my hub 3.0 via both Ethernet and wirelessly but neither work. I went and disabled 5G because I know the console isn’t capable of connecting and the results remain indifferent.

i created a hotspot using my laptop and applied a VPN to it and this allows me to use the PS4 but it’s becoming a hassle now. I just want to be able to switch it on and play.

when setting up the connection on my console I can find the internet connection and input the password to connect, but When I test the connection it says that the IP has been obtained but internet connection has failed.

can anyone help?

6406C434-3744-49BE-9518-DEC89224DDF2.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t connect PS4 Hub 3.0

My son has also been unable to connect his PS4 to the router via ethernet cable, so I would also like to know the answer to this. I believe that you can go into the router settings to allow the PS4 to connect but I have no idea how to do this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Sorry to hear you're having this peoblem. I work in the field for virgin media and hopefully I can help you. Can you please disconnect any ethernets at the back of the hub and,do a pin reset. Once done run a speed test and only connect via wifi. 

Let me know how you get on

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am not the original poster but would also like the question answered.However, my son has an ethernet cable and would like to use that rather than the more unreliable wifi (especially as internet so poor and inconsistent at present).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I just attempted this suggestion and I’m still getting the same result. Up address obtained but the internet connection failed.

any other suggestions?

0 Kudos