Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can not connect to Xbox Live

Ever since I changed ISP to Virgin (approx. 1 month ago) I haven’t been able to connect to Xbox live on my Xbox One. 

I’ve tried all of the recommended suggestions found online such as port forwarding, DMZ, countless resets etc etc, but nothing seems to work. What is strange is that every other device connected to the router works just fine. We have a SuperHub 3.0. It’s odd because I’ve used my Xbox with one of these routers in a different city with no issues. 

The problem I have is that it seems to connect to Xbox Live, but has no functionality/will not sign me in. Nothing will download and it also stops games loading giving the error: 0x8027025A (game takes too long to start). When disabling the WiFi or changing the connection to a mobile hotspot, everything works as normal. This is how I’ve proved it is not the Xbox and in fact is the Virgin connection.

The connection also states that UPnP is not available, even when it is enabled on the router settings (or disabled with necessary ports forwarded).

I have hit a brick wall with this and am getting pretty fed up. I’ve spoken to both Virgin & Microsoft about this and both have been pretty useless. Virgin keep pointing me to their paid gadget service, but I thought I would try this forum before biting the bullet on it considering I already pay for a service that I am not getting.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can not connect to Xbox Live

Factory reset your HUB, connect Xbone by cable, test

Doesn't work?

Stick HUB in modem mode, connect ONLY the xbone by cable, test.

Remember that you should wait for your HUB to come back up completely after resets etc- usually around 3-5 minutes, or Xbone wont play ball.

if neither of those work, come back well do some more troubleshooting.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can not connect to Xbox Live

Test your Xbox Live connection

If you’re unable to connect to Xbox Live, the first step is to run the network connection test on your Xbox One console to see what’s causing the problem:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Select Settings.
Select All Settings.
Select Network.
Select Network Settings. Any known outages will appear in the middle of the screen.
On the right side of the Network settings screen, select the Test network connection.
If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to Xbox Live.

Note If you are prompted to update your console software, select Yes.

0 Kudos