Menu
BK88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

CSGO 300ping from 8pm

Hello everyone, new to the forums but I hope someone can help me.

As the subject suggests I have been having ping issues in the evening with playing online on CSGO, but only from 8pm onwards which is when my free time for gaming starts due to family. I did a ping test throughout the day on csgo servers with my ping between 30-40 always. As soon as 8pm comes all my pings to community servers shoots up too 300+ latency and it is unplayable. This has been ongoing for 10 days now and I am slowly losing the will!!

I am using ethernet, have done all ping tests, speed tests and they are all normal throughout the day. 

Any help is much appreciated and any further questions/answers would be fantastic

BK

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: CSGO 300ping from 8pm

Setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a link to a live, shared graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post that immediately.  Depending on what that shows will direct the advice we can offer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you reside in Northern Ireland there is an ongoing issue with users broadband between 20:00 and 23:30 approx.  This is shown by a massive spike in the BQM's at those times.   But yes, a BQM will be helpful to check out your circuit.

If you are in NI, please read these threads fully;

Solved: High Latency to Virgin Core Nodes during Peak Hour... - Virgin Media Community - 4683366

Solved: Broadband issues on Hub 4 - Virgin Media Community - 4682192

Re: Very high latency every evening - Virgin Media Community - 4687705

0 Kudos
BK88
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for the quick responses!! I am indeed from Northern Ireland, I will give the threads a read and do the BQM 

0 Kudos