Menu
Paulo2800
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issue

Hi my issue is we live in a 3 story house and my son sleeps in the top part of the house (furthest from the hub),we have had a wifi booster from virgin supplied it and this was connected to his Playstation 4 .

This however doesn't work for him as the speed he get isn't always great so its hasn't been able to use it properly as the electric wire is not on the same loop for his bedroom.

Not quite sure whats going on as its not been a major issue until a couple of weeks ago,used the virgin connect app in his room and its says its fine so not sure if u could suggest a wifi booster to put on landing to capture the wifi signal from hub,so its might make it better for everyone on the hub as there are 5 of us who use the hub 3 for various stuff,I pad,phones and consoles etc, we do have at least 10 things connected to the hub most times.

Looking to see if u could suggest things for me to do to make it better for all upstairs I must also point out that my eldest son and my daughter have wifi boosters attached to the hub and it does seem to be fine for them,however it does drop off sometimes,

Thank you hope u can help with some advise.

0 Kudos
clifton2
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issue

I have a 3 story house so I had VM put the SuperHub 3 on the middle floor via an extra cable. Still don't get full coverage but using boosters and routers I probably covered 90% of the house as nowhere is more than one floor away. Also you could put the Virgin box in modem mode and connect a decent router to it to provide better wifi, the router in the hub they supply is about as useful as a chocolate teapot in the Sahara dessert and the wifi has appalling coverage. 

Paulo2800
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Clifton 2 how much did it cost to put the hub up a floor and sort out all the cable work to not paying much.sorry hope u don't mind me asking how much.

Also they did say at some point they were upgrading the hub and that it was free and a much better hub,have u heard anything along those lines,thanks again 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulo2800,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for the late reply, and to hear you're having some issues with the WiFi around the home.

It would be a £99 call out charge to move the hub, let me know if you'd like me to arrange this and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Paulo2800
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Er DEFO NO far to expensive no way would I pay that been with vrigin over 20 years and I kinda think u don't look after loyal customers at all u should do us certain deals but er no u don't

DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST 

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've had a closer look at the hub Paulo2800 and our systems have detected high levels of WiFi Interference within your home.

This is causing a poor quality WiFi signal and is impacting multiple devices. Are you able to connect any of your devices via an Ethernet connection?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Paulo2800
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yea can connect only 1 device if its been used in the front room but not at the moment,all the rest rely on the wifi hub and how can u check the hub in my home do u know who I am and were I live how can u i haven't given anyone any of my info , thats a CONCERN TO ME unless u can track me through here CAN U DO THAT.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulo2800,

Nothing to worry about, we're able to use some of the details you give when you sign up to run basic checks on a network level.

If we needed to do more detailed checks or to discuss any account specifics such as billing we'd pop you over a private message to go through security.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Paulo2800
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks was a bit worried about that to be honest 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulo2800,

thanks for your reply, 

in regards to our boosters they boot the signal not speed,I can see you have not rebooted in a while can you please do this to see if it improves?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos