0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bqm

Taken with your power levels, I would be a bit concerned about upstream stats-

@ModTeam  can someone get a look your side?

Posters upstream is a mix of 16,32 and 64 QAM

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JAMSROO7,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I've been running a few background checks. Thank you for posting your concerns, I'm sorry that you've been experiencing latency issues.

I can see from the stats you've posted and our backend systems that you aren't running 64QAM on all upstream channels. However, I've been unable to identify any cause for this. All your power levels and SNR readings are coming back well within the recommended parameters and there don't appear to be any issues in the area or on your section of the network which may account for the trouble you're having.

I notice you've only really mentioned latency affecting your gaming, have you experienced service issues on any other devices? If so, is the speed of the service affected or is it just an intermittent connection? Or both?

I can see that you've recently rebooted the hub, do you know the last time you performed a pinhole reset? If you've not tried this at all, I'd recommend giving it a go. If you're not sure how, you can find full instructions online. Please bear in mind that this would revert any settings or passwords to their default and disconnect any wireless devices.

Silly question, have you also ensured that all cables to and from your hub are secure to rule out any interference from loose connections?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’ll try pinhole reset and let you know how I get on Racheal thx for getting back to me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JAMSROO7,

Ok, no worries. Do let me know whether this improves anything and we can take it from there.

If services aren't any better following a pinhole reset, please could you provide the requested information so I can try to work towards a resolution.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

5FFEEC93-7256-4296-AF70-8D72EE6951D0.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Im playing Hard wired cables fine, i get great internet, just gaming have issues with, it did run like a dream for last few months i dont know whats changed but bqm look's jaggy and what with kippies mentioning upstream looking bit suspect, could that be an issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JAMSROO7,

As previously advised, all of your upstream specs are fine at our end. There are no problems reporting for your services whatsoever. 2 out of 4 upstream channels are running at the ideal 64QAM, the other two are at 32 and 16 but there is nothing showing which may be causing this.

I'm afraid you've still not answered the above questions and I won't be able to advise accordingly without all the information. As you're just having problems gaming, I need to know whether you've checked the cables that you're using. If the cables is loose or damaged, you could be causing your own problem.

Have you removed and reconnected the ethernet cable that's connected to your games console?

Have you also tried replacing this cable?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Heres 2 pics you can see the difference, can anyone give me any advice on how to set up the hub2 ac to run the best through a PS4, would it affect any wired play regardless what wireless settings I have it on thx.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

880E3D77-E01E-4E4D-BB0E-D12CC95D9DC3.jpeg0D54E439-A829-4E93-85FF-2BAC63E72174.jpeg

0 Kudos