Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Black Desert Online

Does anyone else play this? I can't connect to the marketplace in the game, which uses 

marketgame-eu2.blackdesertonline.com

The IP resolves fine, but I can't connect. Trying to get help from the phone support is a joke.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black Desert Online

Thank you for your post.

If this is a specified issue in the game, have you contacted the game support in regards to this to check this is not and in-game server issue? 

I can see there may be some downstream power level issues in the area which may be affecting your services though, if you'd like me to confirm this is affecting your account and book an engineer for you I'll pop you over a private message now if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

It may just be worth querying with the games customer service team in case this is an in game issue which may not be fixed by correcting your power levels. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily.

I've contacted the game support, but since the game works fine for other users, and it works via my phone hotspot, they are insisting it's a routing issue with virginmedia.

I've tried phoning virginmedia support, however they kept passing me around and didn't understand my explanation of the issue.

Ideally I'd like someone at virginmedia to check connection over Https to that address, because I can't connect using virginmedia but can on 02.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response, we'd not be able to access an online game in office to check this.

If you want me to check the downstream power levels please respond to my private message, although other than this if they're assuming this is a routing issue you can run a ping test and show us the results covering any personal details and this will show where the error in data transfer is happening.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

It can't be pinged.

It can be browsed to, if I don't use my virginmedia broadband.

Below is what I see using my phone on 4g.

Screenshot_2020-03-04-18-41-04-677_com.android.chrome.jpg

And this is using my phone on my virginmedia broadband. (Same error on pc etc)

Screenshot_2020-03-04-18-45-11-460_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

All websites can be pinged as it is how the data from the main server gets to your device through the internet. It varies on how to do this depending on the device you're using although you can look up how to do this on your specific device online.

Is this an issue specifically with your Virgin Media Mobile or your broadband account? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Not all websites can be pinged. Ping uses a completely different protocol (ICMP) than web traffic. I can quite easily block ping but allow http/Https on ports 80/443 for example..

It does not work on my broadband from virginmedia.

It does work on my phones 4g, which is via 02.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

This would be what I'm suggesting below, if you cannot provide this then I'd be unable to help further with your query.

For MAC:

Open a new Terminal window (it's located in Applications > Utilities, or you can just start typing it in Spotlight).
Enter “ping” followed by the IP address or web address. To Ping the BBC enter ping 81.200. ...
Press Return.
Let the ping program run.

For Windows:

In Windows, hit Windows+R. In the Run window, type “cmd” into the search box, and then hit Enter. At the prompt, type “ping” along with the URL or IP address you want to ping, and then hit Enter.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Emily, fancy getting someone to respond to my thread? I don't understand what we have to do around here to get answers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Emily I appreciate you attempting to help, but it's clear that you don't understand the issue.

It's a shame that virginmedia doesn't provide better customer support, very disappointing.