cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitrate always dropping and dropping frames while streaming on twitch

Xyraine
Tuning in

As per title, whenever I am streaming on twitch, I am almost constantly dropping frames, I have restarted my router (hub 3.0) which hasn't helped, can anyone help me out? thank you.

I have had this issue in the past before, my router was replaced and the issue was resolved at the time (I have had the new router for roughly a year now)

4 REPLIES 4

tecdude
On our wavelength
Hello,

The best way to combat this is to go online and buy the shortest possible ethernet cable and stream over ethernet.

My router is right next to my PC and I stream over Ethernet cable, I don't use the WiFi at all.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Xyraine wrote:

My router is right next to my PC and I stream over Ethernet cable, I don't use the WiFi at all.

You need to post your Power levels, Network log, and Pre and PostRS errors.  Also setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once this is done, we can comment on the state of your incoming VM circuit.  In the meantime also check the connections are all "finger" tight from the Hub to the box outside.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Xyraine,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your connection. 

How are things since you posted?

Are you able to post the information Adduxi has asked for?

Alex_Rm