cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitrate Dropping in OBS

JordanH258
Joining in

Whenever I broadcast on Twitch via OBS or SLOBS, the bitrate will drop suddenly, causing frame skips thus causing a stuttering stream. I usually stream on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, but this occurs any time I stream.

Not sure what the issue is, I've tried making adjustments on my OBS and SLOBS to no avail. It's beginning to get very frustrating and it can make the streams unbearable to watch.

8 REPLIES 8

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Lvluppercut, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see if you are having issues streaming.

I have taken a look on our side and everything is running fine and the levels are prefect for you.

However I can see there is an SNR outage which will affect the overall connection , this has been going on for the past month but is due to end tomorrow.

How do you game is by WIFI or cable connection?

Has it also been like this forever or has it only just started recently?

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I use an ethernet cable, and it's less than 10 metres away from the router. It was dropping probably from the beginning, but I ony really noticed it a couple of months ago.

I turned my router off last night and turned it back on about 10-15 minutes later. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but after switching it back on the problem went away. I've tested streaming for the past 2 hours today and I've had no issues what-so-ever (It would have dropped X amount of frames, but I've had literally 0 losses). The SNR Outage may have been rectified by the time I tested last night.

Thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it!

lvluppercut

Good afternoon IvIuppercut,

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I've ran a system check today and can see there's an SNR issue still, this is causing the issues you're experiencing. Reference F009983070. Estimated fix date is tomorrow, so apologies for the delayed fix. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Turns out the same thing is happening again. Literally all up until today it wasn't dropping frames due to network, then the day that I'm actually streaming it does it. Completely ruined the stream and I had to stop it because it was unwatchable. I really hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks for the replies, though.

Hi @JordanH258

Thank you for your reply

How has your service been over the past couple of days? Have you noticed any improvement whatsoever? Please do provide us with an update. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Unfortunately things haven't improved; they've actually gotten worse. I tried to stream earlier and I was getting 60% or more frames dropped on the network. It's actually really affecting my growth and obviously my ability to stream consistently which in turn affects potential revenue.

It's actually very frustrating as I'm being informed it was due to be rectified this week, but it's not. Then the support site is telling me things are fine and then it's saying It's not, and I've just joined another contract with Virgin.

Downloads speeds are fine, upload speed is rocky. I just hope it's fixed by the weekend.

Thank you for keeping us updated on this lvluppercut.

I have taken a look on our side and the SNR issue is still ongoing. It is showing that it should be resolved today.

^Martin

JordanH258
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I know it's been over a month since I've last posted, but I wanted to update you all on the situation. So for the past 2-3 streams that I've done, the connection has actually been very stable. I've had either <50 frames dropped by network or 0 frames dropped.

It seems that the issue has been resolved, and I can stream with no issues now! I'm glad it was an issue that was both external and could be rectified. Thanks for everyone responding and helping, much appreciated.