Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad connection Lag - Over Utilization?

shaggygareth
Superfast

Think Broadband Quality Monitor 

Every Night 7:30-10:30pm ish

1,000Mb/s only connects at 930Mb/s as the HUB only supports that not the 1300Mb/s the connection is capable of. (My cabling and Ethernet Adapter, which is rated at 2.5Gb/s)

--------------------
Internet:-1000Mb
Phone:Virgin XL
TV Virgin XL with TIVO.
Cable Customer since 1990's
Mobile:- 5.5" 5800x 2.5Gb/s ethernet RTX 3070 gaming PC.

I don't work for Virgin Media, I pity those that have to....
12 REPLIES 12

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Shaggygareth, 

Thank you for your post I am sorry you are having issues, I can see there are some issues with your downstream that require a tech, so I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there.

Zoie 

Hi Zoie,

What about everyone else who is having the same issue, posting the same graphs, complaining about the same issue, is it everyones downstreams?

Sorry for the rather fed up sarcastic response, but no on is getting anywhere with this issue which is obviously at Virgins end.

Ta

Hi @AngryJackedJoe,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your connection and services. Customers may experience similar issues to one another at the same time, but that doesn't necessarily mean in every instance that the cause of that issue (and by extension the resolution to that cause) is the same. As such, we would investigate further to see what is going on and we can proceed from there.

From what I can see, you've been posting in this thread regarding connection issues, and on this post it looks like you've confirmed that your issues are now alleviated. If they've since returned or you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!