Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Awful Latency BR1 area

I'm at the end of my tether. We had latency issues during first lockdown, now second lockdown has come around and it's the same thing.

The average ping to 8.8.8.8 is 120ms+ over an hour. This is just unacceptable - what's the point of 350mbps bandwidth with latency this awful? A trace route clearly shows it's happening at the Bromley exchange too.badping5min.png

The two main things I use my connection for are work (RDP to work servers) and gaming, and with this latency I can't do either of those things. I don't know what the problem is but it looks to me Virgin have severely over provisioned and they can't handle this many connections. When will it get sorted? Do I have any rights to withhold payment until then, because I can't actually get what I'm paying for?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Latency BR1 area

Hi Kenrobrich,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response. Are you still having broadband connections? Our remote diagnostics is currently showing a fault in the area [F007904093], with an estimated fix time of 01 DEC 2020 10:00.  We are also able to check postcode faults here

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Latency BR1 area

Yes, been an issue this whole time. I set up a Broadband Quality Monitor with think broadband as I may need to review my legal options, since the service has been so appalling (don't know if it will help or not). Here's the live graph: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e985f52b92ece81b3710bb9b7db71d1fde6718d3

The only time I get stable latency is between midnight and 7am.  

0 Kudos