Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Attempt 2 of getting support for ridiculous ping spikes.

This is my second attempt at reaching out for support as I had no helpful replies or anyone from VM reply on my last post. 

Please take a look at my BQM graph and see the spikes up to 1000 ping when playing games. These spikes last anywhere between 20 seconds to 2 minutes and make games impossible to play. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/08994262cf663ea9c1dfd86f188b69d54d... 

I am using a wired Ethernet connection and playing at 2am when no other devices are using the internet. This has been happening ever since January. I am also using a Netgear Nighthawk X6 router with my PC set to highest priority (passing through a Hub 3 200mb/s)

Can someone PLEASE tell me why my previously perfect connection has gone down the drain. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Attempt 2 of getting support for ridiculous ping spikes.

because virgin care about profit not sustainability of their network, they don't have the capacity to support all their subscriptions and they won't do anything and would rather lose the customers, or you deal with it, been having the same thing for the past month and a half and nothing has fixed it so hopefully ill be changing soon, especially when I'm a esports player I cannot play or practice, and am stuck in the house 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

who are the best network then for gaming as i need the best?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Anyone who is fttc essentially, BT is the most common example. While their speeds are not amazing their ping/latency are super constant. 

0 Kudos