Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 30 - Latency Spikes, Slow Browsing

Hope somebody can help.

Currently having sporadic issues with my broadband. All this week mainly on an evening.

Streaming via Netflix/Prime etc seems to be working fine. Browsing is slow to resolve almost always (tried default and google DNS to resolve with no luck) and gaming is impossible, although it's seemingly random what device decides to lag.

I'm receiving spikes of over 2000ms on a wired connection, download speed is fine on speed tests.

Brief timeline of last nights gaming / testing;

1. Rocket League - Constant Latency Variation errors - ping spiking up to 999 (highest the game shows)
  2. Switched to PUBG - Worked Perfectly - 20-30ms (Ping test on phone while in the game of PUBG were spiking)
  3. Ping google.com, amazon.co.uk and 8.8.8.8 on PC - Spikes over 2000ms
  4. Same Ping tests on phone - Spikes, highest 660ms
  5. Tried Rocket League again - Couldn't even connect to a game server, Timed out. Tried for 10 mins to get onto a server
  6. Back to PC for ping tests - stable 20-30 ms
  7. Tried Rocket League again - Suddenly working perfectly 20-30ms ping for two games 

Quick test on the phone before I went to bed showed spikes up to 660ms

Same test on my phone this morning with same results, highest 600 odd ms

It's almost as if I can only have one device at a time give me stable low latency

Xbox and PC are both wired. Phone is WiFi. Nobody else in the house was using the connection at the time. Phones and other devices were connected but no streaming or anything going on at the time

Seen a few other recent posts here with similar latency issues. Phone support say there's nothing wrong with my connection or area. Anybody know what's going on? Routing issue maybe? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 30 - Latency Spikes, Slow Browsing

The same here unfortunately, I've had a few techs out looking at my line and still they can not fix or see any problems, the problems are there, its tiring being passed around and having engineers booked to come and see there is nothing actually wrong on my end, It is somewhere else, be that at the cabinet going to my house or from Virgin to the cabinet. Virgin worked great for years. Now its not working as I would like. This is going on for over 3 months now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 30 - Latency Spikes, Slow Browsing

Hi deanfarnaby,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that you're having latency/browsing issues. I can appreciate you're keen to know what's happening and what we can do to get this resolved.

I'll need to take a closer look at your account, so I'll pop you a private message requesting some more information.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos