Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Apex Legends low latency and pack loss

Hi all,

Since Monday 8th June I am experiencing packet loss and low latency whilst playing Apex Legends on my PS4 Pro. I have the ps4 connected by wire to my SHub3 and these days the game it is unplayable.

Any help please or is the only solution to go with another network company and give up to Virgin Media?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apex Legends low latency and pack loss

@mc_flo2006 wrote:

Any help please or is the only solution to go with another network company and give up to Virgin Media?

Most likely this. I've been having problems on-and-off with gaming ever since I had the Hub 3 installed. And if you're in an area under high utilisation, you'll be seeing problems on a daily basis.

Don't confuse "high" and "low" latency. Low latency would imply you're having a good time! I can tell you, with my high latency, high jitter and packet loss, I am not having a good time. And I can tell you this as a fellow Apex Legends player (on PC).

Set up a BQM on your line to try and get a better picture as to what's going on: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/list

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Apex Legends low latency and pack loss

Turned out the hard drive was going. My PS4 started to lag even in home menu, freezed and turned itself off making the use of my PS4 impossible. So ordered an SSD to check this option and turns out everything works well now, even better.

Problem solved

0 Kudos