Menu
Marcus4
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apex Legends Packet Loss

Since joining Virgin about two months ago I have been having 2-5% packet loss on Apex Legends every day.

I've tried all the little things to try to fix it - Port forwarding, Changing MTU/DNS settings etc. I saw a post that said to buy a new router and put your virgin hub 3.0 in modem mode. I did this and still have the issue. I even bought a managed switched to implement QoS on my PS4 but this didn't work.

I have a wired ethernet connection.

I decided to do more investigation into the possible issue. I downloaded pingplotter and ran the program on the London server 217.147.89.101. Just before the last hop a server in Nottingham with an address 87.117.210.61 gives me packet loss. This is owned by Iomart Cloud Services Limited. Over the past week I have been monitoring this ip address, every time it has 2-5% packet loss. This could be the issue.

What can we do to fix this?217.147.89.101.png

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apex Legends Packet Loss

HI Marcus4,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. IS this only occurring with gaming are are you having issues with other broadband connections. I've run a remote diagnostic and haven't been able to identify any faults. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Marcus4
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just one specific game on the PS4- Apex Legends. All other devices are perfectly fine. I downloaded another game (Fortnite) a couple of weeks ago to see if that was getting packet loss. It didn't. The issue is just with this one specific game, the way virgin connects to its servers maybe. My previous ISP didn't have any issues and from seeing multiple other posts with similar issues to me on the Virgin website, this problem may be just with how Virgin connects to Apex servers.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Marcus4,

Thanks for your reply, we haven't been able to identify any faults on our end regarding this, unfortunately I can only advise inquiring with Apex as to what would be issue with this connection.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos