Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apex Legends Packet Loss

Hi, I’ve been experiencing a lot of packet loss via the EU servers on apex, averaging between 2 ~ 7, I’ve done the modem reboot etc changed over the cables for another port,purchased another Router as apparently the VM hub is notorious for being lame when it comes to date management between devices, all wires are CAT 8E and even tried to run wireless again which makes the packet loss even greater! I have had some filters installed previously due to the power not being at the desired level, which are still in place, I have photos of the issues aswell not just in apex legends

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apex Legends Packet Loss

Hi Fordygti,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connection, I can see you've been able to speak to us since your post and have an engineer arranged.

Please let us know if you have any further problems after this visit.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I’ve been having the same issue lately. At least 2% packet loss on every server when playing Apex Legends on PS4.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Mugiwara.

How are your services today? Have you already tried a pin hole reset of the Hub?

Is this through a wired device or WiFi?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same 2% packet loss issues for Apex on PS4 too. I've had the issue ever since joining Virgin about a month ago.

I've tried all the little things to try to fix it - Port forwarding, Changing MTU/DNS settings etc. I saw a post that said to buy a new router and put your virgin hub 3.0 in modem mode. I did this and still have the issue. I even bought a managed switched to implement QoS on my PS4 but this didn't work.

I have a wired ethernet connection.

What can we do about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Following up on my post, I downloaded pingplotter and ran the program on the London server 217.147.89.101. Just before the last hop a server in Nottingham with an address 87.117.210.61 gives me packet loss. This is owned by Iomart Cloud Services Limited. This could be the issue.217.147.89.101.png

0 Kudos