Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Apex Legends 2% packet loss PS4/Xbox one

Ok so this has been happening for months now, literally everyday I have packet loss on this game. I've tried everything to fix it. 

-Reset hub

-change ethernet

-disable firewall on hub slightly decreases it but not fix

This is clearly a virgin media/apex legends handshake server issue and I really think it needs investigating. My friend who's on sky a few doors down has no packet loss or anything on this game.

Please can you investigate this, it's ruining my gameplay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apex Legends 2% packet loss PS4/Xbox one

Can a team member actually acknowledge this and investigate please, it's been days..?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Apex Legends 2% packet loss PS4/Xbox one

Hi Flopflip,

Thank you for reaching out on the forums, I'm sorry that you've been experiencing packet loss when trying to game. I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you. We are dealing with hugely increased volumes at the moment but are working our hardest to get to everyone. The forums are managed in chronological order, based on the time of the latest comment. This is to allow our fantastic community the opportunity to offer advice and potentially resolve issues with some friendly customer-to-customer support. Unfortunately, that means that you bumping your post meant it slipped further back down the queue.

I've had a look at the backend of your services and can't find any issues with the connection entering your property. Everything is well within spec and looks to be performing as expected. I haven't been able to identify any cause for concern in the wider network either. It does look a little busy in your area, as is to be expected during this time when most are working/staying at home. However, I wouldn't anticipate the levels seen to be causing any major service issues.

Your initial post does suggest that you're using an ethernet cable for your gaming connection, but could you just confirm whether your console is hardwired directly into your Virgin hub?

I appreciate that any level of packet loss can be frustrating, particularly in the gaming world, but I wouldn't expect levels of 2% to make a game unplayable. Have you set up a BQM at all to monitor the connection to your hub? Would you be happy to do so and share your live link with us so we can take a look? This would help us identify any causes for concern and check for correlation against any network events.

It may also be worth running a traceroute and/or ping test to the Apex Legends servers so we can see where any issues may be occurring.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos