Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Another disconnect during a game, causing a permament ban on my account.

Loss of internet happened 4th time this month.

Its also 3rd time i got disconnected while in game. Ive hundreds of hours played as well as good 50gbp spent on the account, after todays internet loss I got a permament ban on my account and basically lost my property due to horrible service from virgin media.

I told them that I want a refund for this months payment or to terminate my contract, they said i wont get any refunds and if I want to terminate the contract I have to pay 240gbp, which is roughly 6months of what I currently pay for fibre optic.

This is nothing else by scam, i have lost property and the company is doing nothing  to help their customers to make it up to them in any way.

Due to their poor services I want to get rid of this worthless internet and I have to pay even though theyre the ones at fault. Its entirely unacceptable, and I will surely use whatever means I have to shame them everywhere I go if nothing is done for me. As I am a streamer and I have an average of 2100 people watching me and over 10000followers I can easily inflict at least some damage

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another disconnect during a game, causing a permament ban on my account.

You are on a residential connection. VM have no liability for any losses incurred during downtime, their sole liability is the extent of any compensation you are due under OFCOM's rules.

You have a previous thread where you were asked to set up a BQM. Do you have that trace for the day in question?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Nhire wrote:

As I am a streamer and I have an average of 2100 people watching me and over 10000 followers I can easily inflict at least some damage

as virgin have about 5 MILLION customers , I expect your threat has them absolutely terrified , and flowers/chocolates /a personal grovel from the CEO will have been dispatched already.  🙂

How many virgin customers follow you and how many of them give a **** about what you think of your ISP

you want to stream for profit, get a business account.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Anyway, in my experience the best way to complain to Vermin is to email the CEO directly. It's usually picked up by a secretary or someone in complaints who deal with it petty quick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Nhire wrote:

Loss of internet happened 4th time this month.

Its also 3rd time i got disconnected while in game. Ive hundreds of hours played as well as good 50gbp spent on the account, after todays internet loss I got a permament ban on my account and basically lost my property due to horrible service from virgin media.

I told them that I want a refund for this months payment or to terminate my contract, they said i wont get any refunds and if I want to terminate the contract I have to pay 240gbp, which is roughly 6months of what I currently pay for fibre optic.

This is nothing else by scam, i have lost property and the company is doing nothing  to help their customers to make it up to them in any way.

Due to their poor services I want to get rid of this worthless internet and I have to pay even though theyre the ones at fault. Its entirely unacceptable, and I will surely use whatever means I have to shame them everywhere I go if nothing is done for me. As I am a streamer and I have an average of 2100 people watching me and over 10000followers I can easily inflict at least some damage

I am just curious how a dc got you banned in a game. That doesn't sound logical at all. Are you sure you didn't get banned for bending the TOS of the game? Like using naughty 3rd party bots or scripts? I am guessing the game in question is a MMOFPS?

Majide!
0 Kudos