cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About ping in games

pulea
Joining in

Since I came in england i can t play on this internet it keeps staying on 200 ping constant and PACKET LOSS i ve tryed other games and is the same I cant play anymore please do something about it or ill change my internet.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity what area of the UK are you in? Wondering if it’s a localised issue as i am getting the same.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What games device are you using? Is it connected by ethernet cable or WiFi?

Set up a free BQM, and post a Live Link to it on this thread.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi pulea,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing packet loss issues with our internet services. 

We understand the frustration caused, especially when this is affecting your gaming experience. As our valued member @jpeg1 has already asked, are you connected through a wired or wireless connection? Also are you able to post your BQM on here so we can take a look at your logs for you?

This way we can get a better understanding of what is happening to your hub.

Kind regards Jodi. 

CiaraEira
Joining in
I am also in this same situation as you.

Hey @CiaraEira,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

What have you tried to do to resolve your issues?

Have you rebooted or reset your hub since the problems started?

Is the issue on one particular game or various games?

Regards,

Steven_L

I am connected with a ethernet cable . And the internet is still the same , unplayable .

pulea_0-1634841975273.png

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What speed contract are you on?

Please post a live link to a BQM graph.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The BQM shows serious packet loss which would explain the problems you are having. 

Phone the local fault check number 0800 561 0061to see if anything is known about it.

It will need a technician visit to correct, so I suggest you phone customer services to report the fault.

- jpeg1