cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Hub 4.0 Latency & Packet loss

TheDingle
Tuning in

Hi I recently got the 1GB Hub 4.0 a month a go, but I've been getting latency & packet loss on a regular basis.  I've run a BQM test & here are my results.  The issue is my gaming, on lan & wifi are both affected, & this has affected gaming & my work connection.

TheDingle_0-1601282985535.pngTheDingle_1-1601283032448.png

TheDingle_2-1601283072124.png

I've pressed the reset button, turned off the hub, checked all my connections, & I just get these packet losses & latency which is something I didn't have on the Hub 3 before upgrading.

Any help would be appreciated.

31 REPLIES 31

Thanks Corey/ Megan,

Did you mean Wed 14th? or Monday 12th?🙂  - couldn't see it on my account...

Apologies for the typo. Monday the 12th.

Just following up, so I had the engineer come & check my setup at home, & there was some unwanted noise in the cables entering the house which he fixed (thanks!).

However, as was agreed with the engineer if the packet losses returned, then his recommendation was to replace the Hub 4 Router (He has put some notes on my account recommending the router replacement).  Last night the packet losses returned, & the usual reboot of the router had to be made.

TheDingle_0-1602758067887.png

How do I start the process to get a replacement Hub please? As I can't seem to get thru via the "Message Us" portal.

Many thanks in advance

Hi TheDingle

I am sorry you're having ongoing issues with the packet loss. I assume you mean remain on Gig1 and replace the hub 4 with a hub 4?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

Yes thats correct, remain on Gig1 & replace the Hub 4 Router.

I am having to reboot Hub 4 almost everynight to remove the Packet losses - screenshot of past 24 Hours (hopefully)

TheDingle_0-1603455234596.png

Out of interest Dingle, was your Hub4 posted to you when you upped to 1gig, or was it installed by an engineer? 

I upgraded from 2 or 300 MB. They sent me the Hub 4 by post and I returned the Hub 3.  

The line, cables and router were confirmed okay by the recent engineer visit I had. The engineer said from what he could see on his machine apart from noise which he fixed.  If there are any further issues it will likely be the router. 

I've just recently upped to the 1g package too and had similar issues to you with SNR and small but very frequent packet loss. 

The engineer that visited me swapped my HUb4 out. Apparently, there's issues with Hubs (4) that are being posted, so there's a good chance that will help resolve your issue as suggested previously. 

Same here - had issues since taking Gig1 and a Hub4 (by post, coming up 6 months now) but the forum team can’t seem to find any issues and I’ve had an engineer out who basically “kicked all four tyres” so to speak and said “no problems here”.

I tried to show the engineer my BQM but he had no idea what it was or how to read/decipher it and then also couldn’t figure out why he couldn’t get full 1Gb Wi-Fi speeds on his 3-5 year old Samsung mobile... 🙄

I get random packet loss that only gets resolved by a reboot, but within 2-5 days the issue is back and it’s rebooted again, rinse and repeat...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi @Lee_R

Are you able to help me get the replacement Hub4? As I haven't heard anything since your last message?