Menu
davef1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wifes ntlworld email stopped working

Hi, My wife and I both have ntlworld email accounts. Hers has stopped working 3 days ago, I went to the VM account and changed the password, but it hasn't sorted anything. The mail app on her tosh phone says the account is no longer working or the password is incorrect. Webmail says the account cant be accessed and to ring 120, 1 hour later no answer, then cut off.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifes ntlworld email stopped working

@davef1 wrote:

Hi, My wife and I both have ntlworld email accounts. Hers has stopped working 3 days ago, I went to the VM account and changed the password, but it hasn't sorted anything. The mail app on her tosh phone says the account is no longer working or the password is incorrect. Webmail says the account cant be accessed and to ring 120, 1 hour later no answer, then cut off.  Please advise.

What is the specific message that shows when trying to access the webmail account?

Is it this:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
davef1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Exactly that

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok, this usually means that the email account has been locked by the VM security team.

As changing the password hasn't resolved it the the VM Forum Team will need to intervene.  They will respond to this thread in a day or so and will ask you for more information, including security clearance, via a private message exchange.

Look out for their reply.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
davef1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am still a VM broadband, tv, landline customer btw

0 Kudos
davef1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi graham, thanks for reply, i will hope for the best.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi davef1, thanks for the message and we will be happy to look into this for you. I will send you a private message to see what has happened. ^Chris 

0 Kudos