Menu
tdr1000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wifes email account

Hi all my wife and myself have have ntlworld emails for as long as i can remember. about a week ago we both stopped receiving emails, as the main account holder with "my VM" i managed to get mine going somehow . but cannot get my wifes working, in my wisdom i deleted it from "my VM" account , when i tried to re enter it , it doesn't allow for me to use "ntlword.com."

any help would be appriciated

regards Tony

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifes email account

@tdr1000 wrote:

i deleted it from "my VM" account , when i tried to re enter it , it doesn't allow for me to use "ntlword.com."

Oh dear. 😮 Deleting your wife's ntlworld account was not a great move.

All new VM email accounts use the @virginmedia.com domain. However, even if your wife's account had been an @virginmedia.com address you would still have not been able to set it up again. I am not aware of any email provider who allows you to reuse a deleted email address.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees) will contact you via this thread. I don't know but if the deletion was very recent it may (and I stress "may") be possible to recover it but I would not hold out much hope. The Forum Team will be able to advise you on that so just wait to hear from them through the forum.

Unfortunately I fear that the most likely scenario is that you will have to set up a new email account for your wife. Personally, I would suggest setting up an email account with an independent email provider rather than VM. It will be more secure, more reliable and unlike an @virginmedia.com account will not be closed if you ever move to a different broadband provider

Gmail (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en ) and Outlook.com (https://outlook.live.com/owa/ ) are the market leaders but there are many others.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tdr1000

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I cannot guarantee I can sort this as you've said it's disconnected but I will try. I'll send you a PM now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

tdr1000
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

many thank for your adviceregards tony
0 Kudos
tdr1000
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator