cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webmail issue

valerie_challis
Joining in

Hi

I can't access the webmail page for my ntlworld email account on my pc. When I get try to log in as per How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help it says my password is wrong and it won't let me reset it  - it says "You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account"

The main account is in my husband's email. His log in works fine. I recently changed my email password and can still access my email via Outlook on my pc, or ipad or android phone so I know the current password is correct.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @valerie_challis,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing your mailbox! 

Have you been able to see, accessing the online account, if your NTLWorld email is linked to the active Virgin Media broadband account? 

Can you tell us what link you're using to access your mailbox? 

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thanks for quick reply!

Yes, when I log into the account via the main email address I can see my email listed under manage other emails

I've tried logging in to my email via https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Thanks for that, @valerie_challis

Have you tried to follow the Login Problems page and tried to reset your mailbox password again and tried to access through MyVirginMedia once the password is reset?

Please give this a try and let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks! 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

valerie_challis
Joining in

These all seem to take me back to the main account holder details...

Are you inputting your mailbox details into the sign in box straight away? 

Or are you signing into the MyVirginMedia account with the account holder's details and then accessed the mailbox using your email address?

Keep me updated. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

valerie_challis
Joining in

If I try signing in with my email (it's a secondary one) it says the password is incorrect, despite the same password working for all my email apps.

If I sign in with the primary account holder email I can only access that email box

Are you unable to sign out of the primary mailbox once you're signed into it on the online account?

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

valerie_challis
Joining in

I can sign out of the primary mail box but it won't let me sign back in with my own credentials.

Is that showing that your password is incorrect? 

Have you tried changing the password through clicking Forgotten Password?

Please let us know so that we can help. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team