cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virginmedia emails not able to change password

petermarkham
Joining in

unable to access my emails on laptop just getting a blue screen with error on it

1 REPLY 1

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@petermarkham wrote:

just getting a blue screen with error on it

In most cases that is down to a corrupt cookie in your browser.

To test that try accessing your email account using  a "Private" or Incognito" window in your browser. Here's a link showing you how to do that https://www.computerworld.com/article...how-to-go-incognito-in-chrome-firefox-safari-and-edge 

When you use Private or Incognito mode the browser will pick up a new copy of the necessary cookies rather than using those it has stored.

Therefore if you find you can access the site in Incognito mode it means that the problem is down to a cookie stored in your browser.  To solve that you just need to delete all Virgin Media cookies in your browser.

To find out how to do that do an online search for "delete cookies in....."  which ever browser you are using, Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc.

I would be surprised if the error you are seeing is anything to do with your email password but if you do need or want to change the password for some reason, here's a link to one of my recent posts where I described the easiest way to do that. Reset-email-password 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks