cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virginmedia.com email not working

amanda4andrew
Joining in

My virginmedia.com email address stopped working at 6pm this evening. I have tried twice to phone your operatives on 150 but the line keeps dropping. Given the number of queries this evening on this site I think it's clear this is a very big issue. Can you please explain what is happening and post something about this issue on your homepage.

I have reset password, done virus scans, used different devices and web browsers so I know this is not a user problem but a virginmedia.com problem

14 REPLIES 14

coastalrc
On our wavelength

I have the same problem on one of my emails.

I did get through but they couldn't sort it o the phone, so have put to level 2 and someone should be contacting me in the  next 5 days!

Thanks for letting me know. The problem is that this is my primary email account and so it's very possible I will miss something very important if I start missing out on emails for 5 days. The issue is though, that this isn't an isolated incident but is clearly happening to lots of people, so there must be a central 'fix' that can be applied by virgin rather than dealing with individual accounts.

Good luck in getting your issue sorted.

3times
Tuning in

Also having problems with the email. Primary account is ok but can't log into my wifes account.

Virgin need to sort this urgently as she is waiting for important emails. Must start moving stuff to Outlook!

Hi 3times, sorry to hear you are having issues too. I have just spoken with virgin and they have promised to sort within 24 hours and have given me a ticket number. If it's not resolved by this time tomorrow I will give them another call though.

If anyone does find a workaround (other than those I listed in my original post) then please do let us know. This is my primary email account and goodness knows what I'll be missing over the next 24 hours!

coastalrc
On our wavelength

I use Outlook as well and the email is not picking up through that either.

It is only affecting one address out of 8 on my account.

Let's hope it is sorted quickly. 

Like you, the one account that is not working for me is the main one I now use, though it is not my primary account.

Just on the phone to them now, transferring me to a dept called gadget rescue who then said to ring the broadband team - who are now closed.

Try again tomorrow.

I tried whatsapp even though it said 3 hr wait, all they did was tell me to call support and they keep dropping the call. So basically there's no way to get help. I'm really annoyed as I have some important emails I needed access to tonight, and I have no idea when I'm going to get it back. 

Do not under any circumstances, engage with ‘gadget rescue’ who, I assure you will do nothing other than reduce your bank balance by what ever extortionate amount they are charging today.