Menu
Highlighted
g0ahc1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

virgin.net spam still arriving via talktalk gmail! Old virgin.net address tests valid on mailtester

Once a loyal ntl and then virgin customer, in 2016 I was transferred to TalkTalk, as still using copper BT wires -   I note another ex-virginmedia user has same problem -  ("@100percent").  His query was dated 10-9-2018.

Following the links you gave, I find my old '************' is still active according to mailtester, and spam from it has recently started arriving somehow in my gmail account, despite all efforts to block it! I can send a screenshot of the mailtester report if needed.

I don't remember ever setting a gmail forwarding address.

From the correspondence I understand the deletion of the old 'virgin.net' address may not have properly completed and will be glad if this could be 'forced' as you were able to do for the other writer.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin.net spam still arriving via talktalk gmail! Old virgin.net address tests valid on mailtester

Keep an eye on this thread.

The Forum Team will respond but it can take up to 7 days to do so.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin.net spam still arriving via talktalk gmail! Old virgin.net address tests valid on mail...

Hi g0ahc1,

I have requested deletion of that email address, ref: P009142285, and shall let you know when the deed is done (typically 2 - 7 days).

Regards, 

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin.net spam still arriving via talktalk gmail! Old virgin.net address tests valid on mail...

Hi g0ahc1,

I.T. have removed your email address completely. Please check via Mailtester to confirm 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

g0ahc1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Hope this is resolved and that it will help others.

Perhaps a check needs to be run on all ex-virgin email addresses to ensure this is not widespread...

xx B