Menu
Sarah471
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

virgin.net old email

Longer than 5 years ago I had a virgin.net email. I am a teacher in a primary school. Over the last few weeks,  members of staff have been receiving emails that are being resent out using this virgin.net email. They are really old emails from my old  email address  This email address has some how linked to my work email address. I have no idea how or why.  The ICT tech at the school thinks the email address has been compromised and we need to stop it and delete it. Please can you help? I no longing have any log in details in regard to this account . I do need an urgent stop to this. As a school we are concerned. We have called virgin media and they say I need to call 'Talk Talk' but Talk Talk say I need to speak to virgin media. Can anyone help?  

0 Kudos
MonkeySee019
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin.net old email

virgin staff ae idiots. They are always sending people to talktalk for no reason.
Quality service as always.

staff here can delete the email account but it takes then a few days to a week to get to the thread
Sarah471
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you delete it for me? 

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Sarah471 wrote:

Longer than 5 years ago I had a virgin.net email. I am a teacher in a primary school. Over the last few weeks,  members of staff have been receiving emails that are being resent out using this virgin.net email. They are really old emails from my old  email address  This email address has some how linked to my work email address. I have no idea how or why.  The ICT tech at the school thinks the email address has been compromised and we need to stop it and delete it. Please can you help? I no longing have any log in details in regard to this account . I do need an urgent stop to this. As a school we are concerned. We have called virgin media and they say I need to call 'Talk Talk' but Talk Talk say I need to speak to virgin media. Can anyone help?  

Not again!

It has been noted many times on this forum that no Virgin Media email addresses have been, or ever were transferred to Talk TalkAll VM provided email addresses, including the legacy virgin.net ones are still controlled by Virgin Media.

The use of a legacy virgin.net email address requires the customer to have a current Virgin Media broadband account, and for the virgin.net address to have been correctly associated with that account.

It's worth having a look at this "sticky" post concerning orphaned email accounts https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

If you are no longer a customer, or a VM email address has been compromised, then it's Virgin Media who have to deal with any issues arising, not Talk Talk.

The VM telephone help line have given you incorrect and misleading information and are obviously out of their depth.

You'll have to wait for one of the official VM forum staff members to pick up this thread and assist you in getting this email account deleted as a matter of urgency.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah471, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your old email address rectified, I am sorry this has happened and also that other agents have directed you to TalkTalk - this is indeed incorrect like others on this thread have kindly pointed out. Sorry about that!

I will be more than happy to get this issue resolved for you ASAP so that you can relax in the knowledge that your email will no longer be used to send spam etc. 

I'll need to take you into a PM in order to ask some questions first, which I will send to you now.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah471,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have raised this request with the IT team who will aim to resolve the ticket within 24 hours 🙂

If you have any further issues with this, please get back in touch so we can chase it up further!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos