Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

virgin.net mailbox not available

Since Saturday when I try to view my emails I get a message 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment.'

I called VM and they said there was a problem at VM end and to try again Sunday. Same happened on Sunday so I called VM again and was advised that VM do not manage virgin.net domain and I should call TalkTalk. I called TT and they said virgin.net is still managed by VM !!  Google searches appear to confirm this.

mailtester.com shows my email address is still valid. I have been using it daily for 23+ years and I am really stuck without it.

Help please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin.net mailbox not available

Are you still a VM Broudband customer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I have been with Virgin then renamed Virgin Media for many years. Originally ADSL over BT line but now broadband and phone on VM fibre.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

if you can pass security on both your current account and the old one VM staff maybe able to transfer the email accounts to your current account then.

This will transfer all accounts from the old account and replace any on the new account. You won't be able to keep both new and old

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

If you sign into My Virgin Media with your primary username and password do you see the virgin.net email address listed in the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I only have the one account and have been using my email on the fibre broadband for many years. I only mentioned the old ADSL line to show how I have been loyal to VM for a long long time.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Graham A. Yes I see my email address and it even let me change my password and security question which confirms the account is all valid and had not been hacked. I just cannot open the inbox.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

That is good news.  Your email account will probably have been locked by VM as a security measure.  This has recently happened to hundreds of accounts.

The Forum Team are working through these posts one by one and will contact you via Private Message when they reach your thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Graham, Hopefully that is very good news. It is a shame the helpdesk were not able to 'help' with this. What about the poor customers that have not posted on the Forum?

I have created a gmail address now and, with luck, I will transfer my lifes worth of emails over to them. Then I will let all my contacts know of the change. As for changing all my online accounts to the new gmail address that may take a few years. Someone should write an App to help do this. I would pay a lot for that.

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@htb1 wrote:

I have created a gmail address now and, with luck, I will transfer my lifes worth of emails over to them. Then I will let all my contacts know of the change. As for changing all my online accounts to the new gmail address that may take a few years. Someone should write an App to help do this. I would pay a lot for that.

That was a good move, much better to use an email account that is not linked to your Internet service provider. Gmail is much more secure and reliable than VM's offering.

As for changing all  your online accounts - I went through that process a few years ago and my experience was it is not as bad as you might think. One major benefit was I realised that I had lots on online accounts I no longer used. I found it very therapeutic and empowering to close them down. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos