Menu
brook4
Joining in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

virgin.net email

Hi,

I cant access my virgin.net email and haven't been able to for about 2 days now, anyone else having the same issue? Have I been turned off!!!???

Thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin.net email

Are you a current VM broadband customer?

Is the address linked to your current billing account, see the my profile tab or manage accounts tab, as per photos.

What error message do you get?  Can you tell us more about your system?

Read this and come back if you need more advice or assistance.  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

my services.png   new account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
brook4
Joining in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

it is an orphaned account but didnt receive an email telling me it was to be turned off, which would have been nice!

I get the below message:

your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

you don't get a email telling you.
It was part of the T&C when you signed up that you must keep an active account and the email should of closed 90 days after you left

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

As apcyberax says, this is in line with T&Cs.  Webmail access is usually closed first.  You can try to access the mailbox using an email client and your password just to backup your emails.  But the whole mailbox is due for deletion at any time now.

I assume you are not a customer, therefore VM staff can only assist to speed up the deletion to protect your personal data.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

0 Kudos
brook4
Joining in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, can't access via client either, very frustrating!

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to drag this out.  Just for the avoidance of doubt, so the Forum staff know whether they need to assist, can you make it clear to us:

Are you a current broadband customer?  Is the address showing as valid if you go to mailtester.com?

If the answer to BOTH questions is YES, the Forum Staff can investigate whether a Move & Transfer is possible.  This is an internal process for the IT department, and would link the orphaned address and mailbox to your billing account.  You would lose any addresses and mailboxes currently linked to the billing account.

(If the answer to either question is NO, then they cannot help, but this advice may help other visitors to the Forum in future.)

0 Kudos
brook4
Joining in
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

No, I'm not a current customer but mailtester is showing address still valid.

Thanks

0 Kudos
stephenlennhoff
Joining in
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I also have not been able to gain access to my virgin.net email account for three weeks now.  I never received an email about this shutting down.  I am still a VirginMedia customer as I pay direct debits every month for the broadband.  I have had that email address for 20 years and want to keep it.  I am self employed and rely on that email address for business.  This is insane.  I've called the Virgin helpline multiple times and have never had an answer.  I was most recently told that my email address had been changed but they wouldn't give me my new address so I could log in.  Please help.  This is very distressing

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi stephenlennhoff,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this. 

Can you confirm what error message you're getting? 

^Martin

0 Kudos