cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email hacked

Lwilliams1
Settling in

My virgin.net email has been hacked and they have now accessed and taken over my facebook account from this. i am now getting email delivery notifications about emails i have not sent

10 REPLIES 10

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lwilliams1 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here regarding your virgin.net email address.

Please see here for steps on how to help with potential hacked email issues, which include resetting your password to a brand new, unused password.

Please come back here however, if you do need any further help!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom, I have been through that page a couple of days ago when i got the first email saying i'd been hacked and they were demanding bitcoin payment. I changed my password, run security checks and they still appear to be using my email address as this morning I received a mail delivery failure message concerning an email that I have not sent. I am worried what else they have access to as a lot of my emails had personal data attached. Is there anything you can do to block these people?

I'm so sorry to hear this @Lwilliams1 and I would be happy to take a closer look via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Mine was hacked 6 weeks ago, they managed to got access to my E bay and bought items in USA, got it stopped but endless calls to VM really frustrating and I be told them on Monday I want my E mail account freezing, deleting whatever they need to do, and told them to read their own forum page as I was told it is affecting thousands of us, very stressed with it all. Apparently they can spoof your E mail and make it look like it’s from you when it isnt

Hi @Helpme222 

I can see you have your own thread regarding this. If needed you can respond back to my colleague for any further assistance or concerns you may have. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I’ve lots of concerns, my ntl E mail has been hacked and I’m extremely concerned as to what information the hackers have, got into my E bay account, changed others, what next?? I’ve reported it the the cyber crime police, what else can I do? I’ve changed passwords and a new E mail but they are sending E mails like it’s from my account but it isn’t. Managed to get my new email attached to my vm account yesterday and shut old ntl one down, but don’t know if there is anything important or serious been sent there in the last week. Would really like contacting by sometime senior preferably from security about what I do next? Just wait see what they do? A very worried anxious vm customer 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Helpme222 wrote:

… but they are sending E mails like it’s from my account but it isn’t.

If the emails are not being sent via your email account then the miscreants are spoofing your email address in their messages, read more here Email spoofing - Wikipedia. ; the recipient's email service should detect these as spam and deal with them accordingly.

⋮ Managed to get my new email attached to my vm account yesterday and shut old ntl one down, but don’t know if there is anything important or serious been sent there in the last week. Would really like contacting by sometime senior preferably from security about what I do next? Just wait see what they do? A very worried anxious vm customer

Any contact from Virgin Media will be via the forum team here.

It is unclear what you mean by “shut old ntl one down”. If it was deleted then there is nothing left to be exploited.

Hey @Helpme222,

Thanks for reaching back out to us, what I can do for you is invite you In for a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

Yes you can help me by telling me what is happening? Mine and I believe thousands of others accounts have been accessed, and hopefully my E mail is not working anymore, but strangely I would like to know what other E mails I’ve had in the last week but can’t see and don’t what that ntl E mail live anymore. I’ve been reading up on the security breach and can’t believe it’s happened and basically messed my head up for the last few weeks not knowing what information they have stolen what they could be doing with it etc. they accessed my E bay and bought on it, accessed Uber, LinkedIn, indeed and fb. Where do I go from here, I’ve reported to the cyber crime unit, surely VM should be contacting customers, using other means or new E mail addresses