cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email - cut off

Phil_Bt
Joining in

My @virgin.net email, which was my main email for many years cut off without a word of warning or explanation, in mid August 2020.
Yes I am a virginmedia customer, originally dial-up, then broadband from about 1998 and continuously up to the present day. 
About 8 hours on the phone to 5 different agents got nowhere. Three separate online complaints - zero response.
I've had to change the email detail on about 50 different accounts, a huge effort, but after a year I still cannot change some of them (because they need email verification from the @virgin.net account!). I still can't get into my Microsoft account for that reason.
One agent gave me access for just one day and I managed to set up fowarding - but I have no idea how many important emails (e.g. hospital appointments, insurance, pensions, tax etc) I have missed. Just today I had to chase up my car insurance - to find they had sent all the document to the virgin.net address.

13 REPLIES 13

Thanks, but I think that is what we went through a few weeks ago.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies, I have double-checked and unfortunately it's not something we could arrange on this occasion.

Tom 

mijawall61
Tuning in

This happened to me too last year. I understand why the clear out BUT this is sharp practise to give NO NOTICE,  NO GRACE PERIOD and NO ACCESS. Unbelievable.

I know have critical information to be retrieved and this has now lost me money whic I shall be pursuing.  

Pls advise procedure. 

Best of luck!

Several tech help people have been helpful and tried to restore the account, but failed. However, I have had zero response to multiple online complaints I have submitted about this.