cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email account login problems

Lee_69
Joining in

I've recently been asked to enter my email account credentials in order to access my virgin.net email account. When doing this it no longer recognises my password details. I've tried resetting my password and every time it comes up with the message 'Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one'. It doesn't matter what type of password I enter, even an autogenerated one, it still comes up with the same message.

I have spoken to virgin support and they advise that the emails are now something to do with Talktalk and i have to take the issue up with them, Having spoken to Talktalk they say its a virgin issue. I'm just being fobbed off with no one attempting to resolve the problem.

can anyone advise how i regain access to my email account and reset the password?

cheers.

Lee.

1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lee_69 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your Email access. Can we just check you are trying to do this via our webmail service 👉https://virg.in/webmail and not via a Client Mail service such as Outlook or Apple Mail? 

Following some changes, you need to have a non Virgin Media email address set up for second-factor authentication.

You can find more information about managing your emails here 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help and managing your My VM account here 👉 How to manage my account | Virgin Media Help

We can help make sure everything is set up as it should be for you, so I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support with this! You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly