cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net eMail working 2wks ago now not

LMac27
Joining in

Hello,

hI have signed up to this in desparation.

I have a virgin.net email address that I have had for years since dial up (remember this?) And am not a virgin media customer.

I use it for my Apple account and was in it just 2wks ago but when I have tried today the link I was using is no longer working and everywhere I am directed to my password is not recognised and on trying to reset it I get the message that the password cannot be used no matter what I enter.

I have always accessed this account from the internet and never had linked to 3rd party software such as Outlook.

Whilst it only ever rcvd junk mail and apple receipts, etc I am sure it is also set up for something as a verification email so would really like to get back into it.

I'd there anyone out there that can help me as I had an issue last year too and virgin customer care were unable to help me due to the type of email it is and not having an account.

My fingers are well and truly crossed and hope someone can help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM can certainly have a look and provided the account deletion hasn't gone too far they can try and get you Temporary access back.

However if you have an iOS device already signed in to your Apple ID and it's above iOS 10 then you chan change your email address on the account without requiring access to your old email.

Click this link for more info on this.

Also if you know your current Apple ID password then you can head over to https://appleid.apple.com and log in there to change your email address.  Whilst you're there consider setting up 2FA and also account recovery options.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LMac27,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to see that you're having issues accessing your mailbox!

I understand that you're not a Virgin Media customer, which could mean that your email was deleted as you're no longer a customer with us. 

I can take a look at this for you and see if there's anything we can do, but please be aware that there is a possibility of your email being deleted as you've not been a customer with us for over 90 days, which is when emails not attached to active accounts are set to be deleted after.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you so much Tim. I was in touch with Apple and they did not mention about if I was logged in on an apple device and I do have a 2ns email set up and they didn't mention that either.

iI don't think the person I was talking to fully understood what my issue is. I'll give that a try.

Thanks again,

Lynz