Menu
Northboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virgin.net e-mail unaccessible

Since March I haven't been able to access my virgin.net e-mail address.  Despite letters from the Customer Services Director and umpteen phone calls, nobody at Virgin seems willing/able to help.  Can anybody suggest something to help please?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin.net e-mail unaccessible

Do you have a Virgin Media broadband account and does the virgin.net email address show under My Profile Virgin Media Mail section or under Manage accounts when signed into your My Virgin Media account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Northboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the interest.  All I have is my e-mail account.  I have an account and area number.  When I click on My Account it tells me the offers and promotions are no longer available etc etc.  I didn’t want any offers! If I click on manage accounts it comes up with an e-mail address that doesn’t exist, namely my son’s name@virgin.net.  He has never used virgin.net.  Under MyProfile it has my e-mail address with the option to change my password.  I actually did this a week ago but am no nearer being able to access my e-mails.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So In that case your virgin.net email address is in the category referred to as orphaned.  It should have been deleted years ago. The timing would depend on if you set it up as a dial up account or part of the ADSL service, both of which were closed some years ago.

You can read more about orphaned accounts here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

Unfortunately for you the only thing the VM Forum Team will be able to do is to ensure the email address is fully deleted from the VM servers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Northboy
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Graham.  That is very concerning, especially as today I had a Virgin employee confirming my e-mail account was still there but I would have to speak to TalkTalk about re-activating it.  Couldn’t give me any details of how to contact anybody in TalkTalk, but when I did make contact they said they had nothing to do with any Virgin.net customers. 😢

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That is absolutely true and something we have been trying to get drummed into the call center staff for years.

It is the case that the VM ADSL connections were sold to Talk Talk, but the administration of associated email addresses remained with VM.  Affected customers were informed they had twelve months access to the email address following the sale.

0 Kudos
Northboy
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I certainly never received any such notification at any time - I am totally disillusioned by Virgin Media and the problems it is causing me.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Northboy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your .net email account .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.