cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unblocking email mistakenly marked as spam but not showing in the spam filer

Northeastuser
On our wavelength

Hiya,

For the past week I've not being receiving emails that I usually receive on a regular basis, gaming ones.

I've spoken to the organisation that I get these emails from, and they have advised me that their domain has been blocked.

If I'm 100% honest I think I've caused this by incorrectly marking some of it as spam, but when I've gone into the spam filters of each email address affected, I can't find any email addresses listed to remove from the spam filter, nor can I see an option to "whitelist" any domains.  I've been using the same email addresses for 10+ years so there's never been an issue before.

Just wondering if any of the techs can help out please?

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have not caused this issue as evident from the highlighted text following:
2022-03-10.jpeg
[Source: How to stop spam emails]

Ask the organisation to provide more details of the block error message they are seeing so that it can be passed onto Virgin Media; post a redacted version here if appropriate.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Northeastuser,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your spam filters! 

Thank you to @用心棒 for providing some further information about this issue and directing you to our How To Stop Spam Emails page

Did the information on that page help at all? Please let us know so we can help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs