Menu
namyah
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

unable to reset primary account password

Good Evening - I'm hoping someone may be able to help me.  Our virgin media account is in my name, but my wife deals with all our bills, so makes this very awkward when trying to speak to virgin media as they won't talk to her, and I don't know any of the answers to the questions they ask me.  We are both unable to log into our virgin media account.  I've called virgin media, who've reset the password, but it still doesn't work.  We have 2 email addresses and are not sure which is the primary account.  We've tried to reset the password for both email addresses, but it comes up with an error message, even though we've met the criteria with the password.  I've tried this on several computers, using different search engines, but still can't get it to reset. All we want is to be able to log into the main account to see our bill details etc.  When we call we are told they've reset the password, and to wait 30 minutes, but it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to reset primary account password

You should be able to ascertain the primary username by following the steps set out here for forgotten username.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
namyah
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham - thanks for the reply.  I've already gone through this process, but it still doesn't work.  When I add our account number and area code I get the 2 emails in the drop down list.  I've tried to reset the password for both of these emails, but it won't reset.  I've tried to do this on different PC's, using different search engines, but no good.  I get to the part where I enter a new password, then it comes up with an error, even though I've met the password criteria.  I've been trying to sort this since November.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok, I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team. They will respond as soon as they can and should be able to help you with this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @namyah

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues logging into your online account.

I have located your account from here and we'll be happy to take a closer look once security has been passed - I'll pop you a Private Message and we can go from there. Please look out for the purple envelop and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much for your private message this afternoon @namyah

I have been unable to reset the password from here either - we are getting an error message and as such have had to raise an IT ticket to get this checked for you. This has been raised under reference number P010407081.

We usually get a reply quite quickly but the timescale is around 5 working days - once we have any reply I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
namyah
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi namyah,

The IT ticket is showing as resolved. Are you able to confirm if everything is sorted on your end?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
namyah
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

Many thanks for your email.  No, unfortunately this has not solved the problem.  I am still unable to reset my password, and get the same error messages as before.  I've also tried this on a different PC and get the same error message.  It lets me go to the page to choose another password, but when I press OK it takes me back to the 1st screen each time to start the process all over again.  It lets me do this twice and then comes up with an error message.  Are you able to reset my account your end with a new password and then let me know what this is.  At least I'll be able to log into the primary account.  At the moment we don't have access to anything as we can't log in.  [DELETED] is a secondary account, and bills, costs etc cannot be viewed.  [DELETED] is the primary account.  Last February virgin media reset this for me, and it worked for about 3 months, but since then we've not been able to get into the account at all.

Many thanks

Anthony

namyah_0-1614072444309.jpeg

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi namyah,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear your still having the same issue, I can reset the primary password my end but only for the primary one the other you would need to do yourself.

I will invite you into a private chat so I can help further, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos