Menu
suemorris
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

unable to get into webmail

Hi

I am unable to get into webmail via either the log in page or vie the link on the virginmedia.com website once i have signed in it just shows Forbidden error message with the white background.

I am able to use the map settings and the email works fine on my laptop and my phone but there are more settings that i wish to use on the webmail. 

Can someone please help. Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to get into webmail

webmail  is working ok just checked it , so try again using your normal log in, there are two log in options one is mobile log in, the other is normal log in so ensure you are using the correct one, I only use the web login as I do not use mobile.

the site/page may have been down, also another tip if it hangs is to use the forward/backward arrows a few times in the top right hand corner, I do that if it hangs and usually after a few attempts it brings up the email page. It can be quicker to use an email client but as you need settings account/email settings a web log in is needed.

If it fails again then update your post and perhaps a forum member can help, also try checking virgin media  service status in your area by using the post code and enter it into the service status virgin page

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/Check-your-Service-Status/ba-p/3488429

hope that helps, I often get that happening, just try again later, the last time I  posted myself on the issue (oath log in)  it was a fault and virgin fixed it quickly

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

correction forward /backward arrows in top left had corner

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

click on "sign in" on virgin web page top rhs

brings up options either

my virgin media sign in,   or my mobile account--- pick the correct one you normally use.

once logged in click on email top rhs

should open your email

or for vm account settings etc. click on "my virgin media" the choose option such as profile, bills etc, service status etc

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have just signed into my webmail via the E-Mail sign-in at the top RHS of the https://www.virginmedia.com website. Mine is working normally this morning. I click on the Email button to access my webmail and my only issue is to remember the correct password for the particular e-mail address I am searching for. As ALF28 says, the Sign-In button gives options for Virgin or Virgin Mobile accounts which have, in my case, different passwords, as do each e-mail address. 

I notice there is an Email button at the top of this Forum page but, if you are logged into the Forum, the system will require you to leave this page to access the webmail login.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi suemorris

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the email issues and will happily take a look into this for you to hopefully resolve it.

I'll send you a PM now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ahrbee-web page access

Pleased you managed to access your virgin account and email today and hope that  I helped

. You are correct that logging into email loses the community page but still leaves you logged into it so I always open a new tab using the 3 dots (edge) on top the right hand side and click either new tab or new window, this leaves the community page open without losing it but still logged into it which means you have not logged out properly, I see the forum are looking into that but my solution does work and I had the same problem until I open a new tab for email log in, but means typing in https://www.virginmedia.com/ or google it.

The other solution would be for the email to come up as a pop up window??

The primary email is in the virgin web account but still sometimes prompts for the log in again but not always,secondary email accounts have their own email addresses and passwords but can be managed in the web mail account- my account/my profile/manage accounts but to read the emails  have to be logged into as normal, I have 3 secondary accounts set up one used by the wife and I have the others.

Email accounts also have "settings" by clicking on the 3 bars  on the top right hand side for options.

I was not aware that there could be "both" a virgin media login and a separate mobile virgin log in, I presume it is for smart phones but wondered if it works with tablets, my tablet is very slow perhaps it would work better on a mobile log in???  or does it need phone mast connectivity which my tablet does not have.

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ALF28: The Virgin mobile login is for your Virgin mobile account. I am on PAYG on my mobile and the account tells me how much I have left to spend before topping up; and my recent mobile usage. It showed the same for my old Nokia 3410 (not a smart phone) and my new one (a smart phone).