cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to access emails on mobile

makemray
On our wavelength

Hello, my wife cannot access her emails on her Samsung phone. This has just occurred and she is receiving this message on the phone. Problem is she can't remember her password. 

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 16.29.10.png

I looked at my Virginmedia account details as her account is within mine. I saw there were messages on both of our email accounts , however, I don't have any issues with mine ! This is the message there below :

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 16.29.35.png

I went into edit to see if changing the password would help. Ignoring warning I changed the password which then stated new account set up ( words similar )   However, this has now worked.

Where do I go from here ?

Makemray

21 REPLIES 21

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello makemray, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We are sorry for the issues you are experiencing with the email account. 

Can you please confirm if you are experiencing the same issue when accessing the service via web browser?

Thanks, 

Nat

carl_pearce
Community elder

makemray
On our wavelength

This is the image that was not initially added to the post. 

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 16.29.10.png

Hello Forum Team, sorry my wife's email account is through my Virginmedia account. She only accesses her email  account through the email symbol on her phone ( an app I guess ) If she cannot remember her email password how would she do this?  Would I need to use a webbrowser and go to my Virgin Email account , come out of my email and access hers?  However , can I open her emails without passwords ?

Hi makemray

Please try the below steps.

Sign in to My Virgin Media
Go to Account settings, then Account details
Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with

this new app password.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you, yes I looked at that and it only offers you the option to change the primary email address app password on the Virginmedia account not the added email address my wife uses. 

makemray
On our wavelength

Forum Team, This is a screen shot from my account. When I click on my wife's email account nothing shows up. Is this what you wanted to know ?

Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 10.13.19.png

makemray
On our wavelength

Did you see the screen shot I took from my account of my wife's account (Lyn)  Will the above suggestion also sort out her account as it seems that her account comes up empty through a browser.   I am not having any issues with my email account even though I have this message next to it. " The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."  I did enter a password onto this section of my wife's account before I contacted you which removed the message but not the problem with the account. 

However, I'll try as you suggest regards the  Media Mail app password .

Thanks for coming back to us makemray,

Please try the suggestion that has been posted first, if this does not work not resolve the issue with your secondary email account, please pop back here.

Kind regards Jodi.