Menu
chrisahumphries
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tremendous issues with email

hello ,

i have had the standard - i have your email password email - but also have noticed attempted log in to things like steam, facebook , and some game launchers, i have reset paswords on all these and even my virginmedia main log in details.

however i am trying to make sure my virginmail password is changed via the link posted here about making sure things are secure ,

i cannot acces the email via webbrowser  it says that its unavailable i want to make sure that there is no other forwarding happened

i notice on the my profile page at the very bottom on vriginmedia mail that email address is different than the one i am using - this is beggining to worry me ? - is this normal?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tremendous issues with email

The mailbox unavailable message probably means that the mailbox has been locked for security reasons by VM.

Provided the email address concerned is linked to your current VM broadband account the Forum Team should be able to get it unlocked for you.

Before doing so they will ask you to change the password for the account.  You do this via My Virgin Media not the VM mail page.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm not sure what you mean by "on the my profile page at the very bottom on vriginmedia mail"?  Where are you seeing this my profile page?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
chrisahumphries
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi graham,.

thanks for the repsonse

in my profile  you have the following section 

username and pasword

contact datails

security details

my services

and then vriginmedia mail

the virginmedia mail address is not my mail address????? it has an alternate which i have no knowledge about

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK, I understand - you are referring to the My Profile page in My Virgin Media not when in VM Mail.

If the email address that you are trying to use does not show under either the My Profile tab or Manage accounts tab then it is not linked to your current broadband account.

This could well explain why you are getting the mailbox unavailable message.

You will need to wait for the Forum Team to reach this thread in a day or so to see if this can be resolved for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

chrisahumphries
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

graham,

thanks , i just spent a long time on a text type supprot thing only to be told that i should send an email to phishing , which i have now done - i guess i am just going to have to wait now untill this is responded to 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisahumphries, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the mail issues you've had, let me take a look from here and see what we can do to help. I'll send a PM shortly to confirm a few details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom