Menu
peterdavison
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

transfer an e-mail address from one account to a separate account

My Daughter has all her family's e-mail addresses in one account. I am busy setting up a laptop that her son will use. Is it possible to move his existing e-mail address from this family account to a separate account within her Virgin Media accounts?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: transfer an e-mail address from one account to a separate account

Hello

The only option would be a mive and transfer but the problem that will happen is that all accounts will be deleted on the account that the email address is transferred too.

What is the bit of his email address after the @ if it isn't a Virginmedia email address then it would not be possible to do the move & transfer.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
peterdavison
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the quick response to my query. My grandson has a virginmedia.com address so it looks as though a move is possible. I would be looking to create a separate account for him within my daughter's virginmedia account. I believe you can have up to 9 separate accounts. All her family's e-mails are downloaded to Outlook which would create a problem for the rest of the family if my grandson used his existing account and downloaded the family's mail to his laptop. No doubt the easiest way is to set up a new e-mail account for him but them you have the chore of informing everyone of his new address.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

You cannot move without deleting the email addresses in the account you are transfering too.

You cannot create the same email address in your daughters account as the email address exists on the VM system, and deleting the email address will make it inaccessible ever again, once deleted cannot be recreated.

The only way around this would be to create a new email address for him

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
peterdavison
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike,

Taken the easy way out and created a new e-mail address for him which he is very happy with.

Thank you for the trouble you took to help me out.

Peter

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if you re crearing a new email make it a non isp email so save you headaches again
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great weekend.

Regards Mike