cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the dreaded "FORBIDDEN"

brackensroad
Dialled in

I again have the FORBIDDEN message preventing me signing into webmail. I see this is a problem regularly blighting other users, too.

I posted about this earlier this week but no reply from anyone at VM. 

This has happened on several occasions in the last few months.

Why does this keep happening, and what is the fix?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi brackensroad,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to see that you're getting the Forbidden error when trying to access your emails. We appreciate the frustration this issue is causing.

Can we ask you to try this work around

1. Log in to VM account

2. Account Settings> Virgin Media Mail Account settings> Generate New App Password, copy and paste (make a note - you will also need to enter the final password generated to access your account on Android and Apple device) (do not select DONE)>go back a screen (arrow top left of screen).

3.Go to Account Settings>Password - copy and paste new password, save. Log out.

4 Repeats steps to 1 to 3 again two more times. (Remember make note of password generated by App)

5. Log in, access Virgin Media Mail from VM Account Dashboard. And fingers crossed all should work.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks Jodi. I followed that process, but I only had to do it once – I didn't have to repeat it two more times.

But it worked, so thank you.

Why does this problem persist in happening – and, going by the bulletin boards, not just for me? 

Thanks for letting us know, glad to hear this has now been sorted for you 😊

We'll certainly have this fed back to the team so they can see why this is happening.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules