Menu
bruceebru
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

stop email automatically selecting next mail

Can I stop email automatically selecting random mail when I delete one, or at start up. Many a time I have deleted important emails, luckily I have found them in my trash so I now have to look through it regularly. The thing is, it may have selected an email below my field of view which I am unaware of, I select one to delete, and it deletes the other one aswell, which may be an important one. Thanks,

Brucebru

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: stop email automatically selecting next mail

@bruceebru wrote:

Can I stop email automatically selecting random mail when I delete one, or at start up.

As far as I can see, VM Webmail only selects the first, i.e top, email when you sign in.

If you then select a second email by clicking on the box it does also keep the top one selected. I have never seen it select another at random.

However, if you are using the compact, vertical or horizontal view in VM webmail you can select a second email by just clicking on email sender/subject and it just selects that one email. and deselects the original selection.You can then select additional emails by holding down the ctrl key and clicking on another email.

I am not sure if that helps.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Either

In webmail, click the “Select all” box at top left of Inbox – gives a tick in every box

Then click that box again – which clears all the ticks.

That clears all selections for Inbox including those which were off the current screen.

Then select all the emails you wish deleted and click dustbin.

Or

Simply delete all emails one at a time by first opening the email and then clicking the dustbin.

Warning

Do NOT go anywhere near the dustbin after selecting ALL – unless you really mean it.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If View ▾ > Checkboxes is on then make sure to not select via the checkbox unless you wish to select more than one.

BTW if you have View ▾ set to either Vertical, Compact, or Horizontal then the message view area will indicate when more than one message is selected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos