Menu
Bryzza
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

spam

Since my near-miss with a scammer a while back, I have been receiving loads of spam regards non-existent Norton and MacAfee accounts as well as Bitcoin purchases which I know nothing about. Just recently I received a reply from megamailservers telling me that my reply to one of theses sites was unable to go through.

I have never replied to these sites, and have no idea who or what megamailservers are. I suppose they might be spam producers but have no idea.

Is there some way I can stop or block these emails,as they are getting to be a pain.

0 Kudos
welsh1lad
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: spam

Hi , 

This has been going on now for some time now , I have contacted Virginmedia but so far try to get through to 3rd line Mail Platform Admins is hard , as 1st line and 2nd line just tell you configure your spam filter , and or direct you to here .  But the reason is that some mail relays have been compromised mainly state side , they have been black listed on spamhouse but it would appear that virginmedia have not updated DLRB database filters to included the blacklists. 

In the meantime try the following filters. Hope this helps . A tell tail sign is the date in the email header is always WED4 Oct 2020 18:44:07

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 00.37.04.png

welsh1lad
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya 

How did it go , did you apply the date filter for [ WED4 Oct 2020 18:44:07 ]

So far i have been told almost 100% success with this .

thanks

Welsh1lad

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@welsh1lad wrote:

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 00.37.04.png

FWIW Wed4 Oct 2020 will never be matched by the equality Date sent conditions in the rule because it is an invalid date; read My Spam solution for explanation.

0 Kudos