Menu
JanHuygens
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

spam emails with same sender and subject

I'm getting a lot of spam emails from completely different senders, where the subject is the same as the sender.

for ex, I see an email from xxx.yyy@gmail.com and the subject line is also xxx.yyy@gmail.com

each time the sender/subject is different, so I can't just block the sender

is there a way to construct a general rule that would block these?

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: spam emails with same sender and subject

@JanHuygens wrote:

is there a way to construct a general rule that would block these?

Do those emails have a common phrase or unusual word in the body of the email? You could then set a condition where

"Body"............."Contains"  ................"the common phrase"  

However, you need take care with that to avoid weeding out genuine emails that happen to include that phrase.  It would be best to create a new folder and get the rule to send the emails to that folder rather than the regular spam folder. That way you can easily check that folder from time to time to see if there are any genuine emails there.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: spam emails with same sender and subject

Maybe try:

2021-01-23.jpeg
NB: Regex fields are set to:

.*?\..*?@gmail\.com

Be aware equality between From and Subject in not necessary for this rule to be match, just that their values match the gmail address pattern mentioned in your post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks