Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

sorry e-mail not available at the moment

I have an old ntlworld.com address which I have had for years (quite obviously) today I can't access my e-mails.  I have changed password and no avail in my Outlook.  I go through the webmail option and I get the Sorry message.

Yes I am a current virgin customer and have been since the days of ntlworld.

It was working fine last night

This is the message I get in webmail:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: sorry e-mail not available at the moment

There seems to be a spike in such issues today.  The VM Moderators are investigating.

Provided the email address concerned is correctly linked to your current VM broadband account the Forum Team should be able to get it unlocked for you.

If it isn't linked the chances big a successful resolution are limited.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It is the e-mail address that I log into VM Media with as my username.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Have a read through the threads...there are many of us having this problem at the moment with no timeframe being given for a fix...

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Making duplicate posts is a breach of the forum rules. 

As far as we know these account locking cases are individual to the accounts concerned and not part of a wider fault in the VM systems.  Therefore they need to be dealt with case by case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The problem I have is that my 3 kids are at home being schooled. I receive almost daily e-mails with work schedules, links, attachments etc. Thus today my children had no scheduled day. Tomorrow it seems they won't either as it still isn't working.

This ntlword e-mail address being so old is linked to virtually everything I do and thus if it goes down it isn't a trivial matter. It messes up everything I do from shopping to work contracts to the current home schooling.

And this is not just a current issue. I have had this problem happen to this e-mail address 3 times before, all in the last 2 years despite being a loyal customer of ntlworld and then Virgin continuously. This e-mail address was originally created in 2004/5.

It needs sorting and quickly because this is a lot more than just an "inconvenience." It actually can cost me money as well as at the moment affecting my children's education.

And after that something needs to be done so that it does not happen for a 5th time.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello greenneedle

We do have an issue with webmail at the moment but yours sounds like it has been suspended due to possible hacking 

If you can run a virus scan on all wireless devices 

Reset your My Virgin media Password to something that has not been used before 

Then check web mail if its available

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So you just lock existing accounts without even telling the owner. 2 days I can't get in.

I did change the password already.

I need this sorting today or I'll be cancelling my whole package. This has happened before as I have said.

As for hacking, I have seen no suspicious activity myself other than the usual spam.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Changed the password still unavailable through the site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank yo very much for replying greenneedle

We are also sorry accounts get locked for customer's safety. 

If you can check your private message please 

This way I can pass security on your account and look at getting the email active again

Gareth_L