Menu
knighty22
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

some incoming emails being bounced

I subscribe to a publisher and receive regular emails from a number of their editors (all using the same domain, ...@southbankresearch.com). As of last February, emails from just one of the editors stopped being delivered. Spam checking is disabled for my email account in the VM webmail settings (Spam and Trash folders are empty). Having taken this up with their IT dept, I'm told that they get the following bounce message...

554 5.4.5 [internal] Delivery not attempted (message expired)

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: some incoming emails being bounced

@knighty22 wrote:

I subscribe to a publisher and receive regular emails from a number of their editors (all using the same domain, ...@southbankresearch.com). As of last February, emails from just one of the editors stopped being delivered. Spam checking is disabled for my email account in the VM webmail settings (Spam and Trash folders are empty). Having taken this up with their IT dept, I'm told that they get the following bounce message...

554 5.4.5 [internal] Delivery not attempted (message expired)

Any ideas?

I suspect there is more useful information in the bounce message than that disclosed to you. Ask them to provide you with a complete copy of the bounce message and then redact any personal information from it before posting it here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos