Menu
coplestonchris
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

setting up virgin media email on a new PC

I am trying to setup virgin media email on a new PC running windows 10 for my 89 year old father. Unfortunately, he cannot remember his password so although I have set up an outlook account it is not receiving. I have tried to reset his Virgin media password, using his Username and security questions but that is not working either so it may be that these are also wrong. I am at a loss to know how to proceed and welcome any help.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: setting up virgin media email on a new PC

When you say the password reset doesn't work can you tell us what error message you get? Don't reveal the username.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
coplestonchris
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I put in the username, then the security question and date of birth but it gives a ! warning that I take to mean that the security answer is wrong

0 Kudos
coplestonchris
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is stage 1, as in signing into virgin media, with the intention of then changing the email password. I have my fathers email address, his account number and area reference.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A tricky one.  The VM telephone support is limited at the moment but you may need to give that a try.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

You would need your father to be with you so that alternative security clearance questions can be cleared.

Otherwise wait for the Forum Team to reach this late on tomorrow.  They may be able to help you via Private Message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coplestonchris
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks

0 Kudos