Menu
MadeleineCe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sending to yahoo emails

Hello, sent one of my regular emails to a group of friends as usual, this time the 3 yahoo email addresses were bounced back.  First time it's happened, no idea how to deal with this.

Has anyone any idea what it's about and what I can do to fix it, v important to get the info I was sending to these 3 recipients today?  Here below the asterisks is the error message I received.

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-2-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Fwd: Zoom links and passcodes for yoga this week", has not yet been delivered to personsname@yahoo.co.uk

Messages from your IP have been determined to be suspicious as a device on your current network may have malware. Please refer to the spamhaus listing below for further infomation;

Removed

Please be aware that if you are not sending mail from your own broadband connection that the listing may have been caused by a previous user The remote server returned the below error when attempting delivery:

421:421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 81.104.62.34 temporarily deferred due to unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes

Reporting-MTA: dns; know-smtprelay-2-imp [62.252.172.4]
Received-From-MTA: dns; Removed
Arrival-Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:38:47 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; personsname@yahoo.co.uk
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 81.104.62.34 temporarily deferred due to unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: sending to yahoo emails

There is no quick fix for this. If you have messages to send use another email service. You cannot fix this.

This needs investigating by VM Security.  For reasons which I will not go into publicly the mails which are problematic have been sent by VM via a block of their SMTP servers which are likely to see the mail rejected by other ISPs. This is unusual. I'll ask the Forum Team to get onto this straightaway with V|M Security and try and resolve it for future sends. It will take at least a week to get this sorted.  We may need to ask for more information. If we do I'll post further with advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MadeleineCe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the prompt reply. Very helpful. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MadeleineCe,

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you are having issues sending emails you haven't usually had any issues with.

So I can help further and gather some information for our internet security team I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

MadeleineCe
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

how to establish a yahoo and/or iCloud server connection on MacBook air running high sierra

Not been able to send important info out to yahoo email addresses, need to connect with these addresses, can't currently send via yahoo or iCloud or google

Please can someone help me

Best wishes

Madeleine

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to establish a yahoo and/or iCloud server connection on MacBook air running high sierra

Please don't post all over the place with what may be connected issues. It is the devil of a job to keep track.  I have merged your threads. And what surprises me most is that you have not responded to the earlier request for more information via the private message system to get this resolved. I'm not going to get further involved until you do respond.  I pushed this through on a priority track for you. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MadeleineCe
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to establish a yahoo and/or iCloud server connection on MacBook air running high sierra

Thank you, sorry to be so ignorant, am new to all of this, didn't know what envelope you were referring to and hadn't realised that the 2 issues may be connected.  

Here's the full text of the response I received separately for each of 3 yahoo addresses I sent to.   Not sure what the header is however the message came from: mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com

Delivery Status Notification

Here's the full text

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 37 minute(s):

* thepersonsname@yahoo.co.uk

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-2-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Zoom links and passcodes for yoga this week", has not yet been delivered to thepersonsname@yahoo.co.uk.

Messages from your IP have been determined to be suspicious as a device on your current network may have malware. Please refer to the spamhaus listing below for further infomation;
https://www.spamhaus.org/query/[MOD EDIT: Private information removed]
Please be aware that if you are not sending mail from your own broadband connection that the listing may have been caused by a previous user The remote server returned the below error when attempting delivery:

421:421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 81.104.62.34 temporarily deferred due to unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes

)

Reporting-MTA: dns; know-smtprelay-2-imp [62.252.172.4]
Received-From-MTA: dns; [MOD EDIT: Private information removed]
Arrival-Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:49:56 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; thepersonsname@yahoo.co.uk
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 81.104.62.34 temporarily deferred due to unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://postmaster.verizonmedia.com/error-codes

Last-attempt-Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 11:27:28 +0000

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When signed in your Private Messages can be accessed by selecting 2019-04-30.jpeg(located toward top right of web page).

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@MadeleineCe wrote:

https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/81.xxx.xxx.xxx 

FWIW issue within the sender's home network appears to be the cause of the problem and not the choice of Virgin Media's SMTP server; sender's public IP Address 81.xxx.xxx.xxx is listed in Spamhaus's XBL because it appears in its CBL ― likely cause a bot sending spam.