Menu
thestevester
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

secondary email address

secondary email not connecting to  https://mail2.virginmedia.com

i can connect but the wife cant this comes up when i put her email address and password in

hurry up and fix it i'm fed up of her moaning..

cheers steve

virgin.PNG

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: secondary email address

When you sign into the primary billing account, check that your wife's email address is linked to the account.  It would show on the my profile page in the section MY SERVICES, or on the manage accounts tab.  If correctly linked and she is genuinely /definitely typing in her whole email address including @domain and the old password correctly (I was typing mine wrong for the first day, mixing up mine and my husband's numbers!!!), then it might mean her password is out of sync in the VM servers.

I suggest she changes the password - this can be done through the billing account.  This will force a change through the VM system, and she can try logging in again.  If that does not work, please come back to this thread and let us know what you/she tried and what result you/she got.  The VM community has a lot of experience, and we can get the Forum Team (VM employees) involved if necessary.  Don't bother ringing!

ETA:  I'd also be interested to know if she uses any email clients, any other devices - email on a mobile or tablet programme, etc. Does that connection still work?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
thestevester
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

well what a balls up took 6 goes to change the password before it excepted it..
thanks Miss Pasko
we use kaspersky password manager to manage the sites we go on,now of course virgin will not work on it..
cheers steve

ps if it aint broke don't fix it VM

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am glad she is able to access her emails.

I know the VIPs have fed back comments on the new signing in page, regarding the username field not being able to remember previous entries.  I am sure someone will also feed back your comment about password managers not working.

I know some years ago, the NEST pension page would not allow copy/pasted passwords, and our company password was 26 characters long.  I hated pension day!  But they eventually changed it.  I'm sure VM will work it out soon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not aware of any issues with password managers failing to work with the new sign in webpage. Can you detail what the issue is in new post.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped